Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Got Video?

Finally was able to get the video drivers necessary. With research and a healthy dose of Google I finally found a driver for the S3 Trio 3D/2x, an older video card that even the manufacturer says is "obsolete" and doesn't provide any support or drivers for this video card and most of the drivers found are for Windows98 and earlier.

I kept looking and eventually found a listing at DriverFiles.net a for driver,S3Trio3D_2X_NT.zip, which I downloaded and unzipped. Going into My Computer's Hardware Manager I updated the drivers pointing them into the unzipped folder and reboot.

After reboot, I went into the display properties and was very happy to find a full range of screen sizes and up to 24bit color which sure beats 16 colors (not 16bit... 16 colors)!

No comments: