Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Got One!

What a surprise!

Being Christmas time I was not surprised to find some boxes came in, though I did wonder why they came to me here at home instead of at work where I usually have them sent.  What surprised me, though, was in the box!

The Google Chrome OS Cr-48 pilot program Laptop!  

I was so excited I nearly forgot that I had to put the kids to bed first!  They were pretty excited, though, about me opening the box (almost as excited as I was).

I'll be doing reviews over time, between here and articles for DACS's newsletter, and I really do hope to be supplying feedback on the system's good and bad qualities. Not only because I am honored to have been picked, but I see the future as the blend of cloud and local systems and this system is a great chance to peer into that future!

One thing that got me in the beginning was trying to find out what the system's MAC address since my router does MAC address filtering.  I'm not sure where I found it, but ultimately going into chrome://system brought me a,.. um... page I guess, with all of the system's information.  It includes some Linux-friendly views such as dmesg, lspci, lsusb, etc.

 

Unfortunately, it's getting late, so I'll leave you with this.

obligatory goofy shot

(obligatory goofy picture) 

Even the cat wants to get into it

Even the cat wants to get into it!

1 comment:

Daniel White said...

Very nice and very lucky too. :D I been trying to get one to test and play around with, but Google doesn't see me worthy. :(